Drawing inspiration from typography and calligraphy, this brush lettering workshop is a creative middle ground for those who wish to combine the old and the new.
Explore the magic of fabulously creative brush lettering pens with Claire from By Moon & Tide Calligraphy!
There’s something very accessible about brush pen lettering – part of the fun is colour blending – in this fun workshop you’ll even learn how to paint simple words in sunset colours!
Tailored to beginners, this cosy class will enjoy over 3 hours of learning to handle the brush pens and paint brushes to create beautiful lettering.
Course fee includes light refreshments and a specially curated starter kit that includes:
- black brush pen
- 2 colour blending brush pens
- worksheets, guide sheets and more!
- your very own calligraphy wall pennant
The class is held in our purpose built creative studio space in the pretty market town of Nantwich, in the heart of Cheshire. Each workshop is intentionally kept small for optimal attention given to each participant.
- Level: Beginner
- Date: 2nd of November 2019, Saturday
- Time: 1pm – 3:30pm
- Venue: The Little Paper Shop, 56 Hospital Street, Nantwich, Cheshire, CW5 5RP
- Price: £65
- Warm Up
- Brush Handling Techniques
- Basic Strokes
- Various Styles
- Create Your Artwork
After taking this workshop, you’ll know:
- how different brush pens work to create a variety of calligraphy styles
- how to hold a brush lettering pen to make beautiful letters with shape and character
- how to write a simple brush lettering alphabet in your very own style
- how to join letters and create a lovely flowing modern script
- how to blend colours for creative quotes and prints
- how to correct the most common mistakes beginners make!
Beautiful pictures by: Emma Billsborough
Terms & Conditions:
– Course fee includes light refreshments, drinks and a carefully curated starter kit.
– Confirmation of seat upon payment received.
– Classes are non-refundable and non-transferable.
– By Moon & Tide and The Little Paper Shop reserve full rights to accept or decline the registration of any participant for any reason, without explanation.
– By Moon & Tide and The Little Paper Shop reserve full rights to amend or adjust the date, time, venue, content, fees, or instructor of any scheduled course, session, workshop, talk or event.
– In the event of a no-show, late turn arrival or inability to stay through the entire workshop, no refund will be granted.
– Should the workshop be cancelled or shortened, The Little Paper Shop will perform all refunds within five working days.