// INTRO TO MODERN CALLIGRAPHY //
with By Moon & Tide
Saturday 7th September 2019 // 10am – 12:30pm // £65
So you love all the gorgeous hand lettering on Instagram and Pinterest, but you have never held a calligraphy pen before. Maybe you have modern calligraphy set at home, or you had a go once but would love to pick up a pen again! Calligraphy pens aren’t as mysterious as they seem – in fact, in this workshop with Claire from By Moon & Tide Calligraphy you’ll discover everything you need to know to make magic come out of a calligraphy pen.
We’ll start with assembling a pen and spooning up ink. We’ll make flowy, swirly shapes and then letters and words. You’ll be shown how, with demonstrations at every stage of the process.
This calligraphy workshop is tailored to beginners who wish to explore the art of writing with a pointed pen.
You’ll learn the basics of modern calligraphy like how to work with a pointed nib and care for your writing tools.
Your course fee includes refreshments, and a specially curated starter kit that includes :
- worksheets, guide sheets and more!
- your very own framed calligraphy quote
The class is held in our purpose built creative studio space in the pretty market town of Nantwich, in the heart of Cheshire. Each workshop is intentionally kept small for optimal attention given to each participant.
- Level: Beginner
- Date: 7th September 2019, Saturday
- Time: 10am – 12:30pm
- Venue: The Little Paper Shop, 56 Hospital Street, Nantwich, Cheshire, CW5 5RP
- Price: £65
- Warm Up
- Create your own artwork
After taking this workshop, you’ll know:
- how to hold your calligraphy pen correctly to get the very best out of your lettering
- how to create beautiful hairline strokes and gorgeous thick swells with your calligraphy pen<%