We couldn’t be more excited to announce that we are looking for a junior designer to join our little creative team here at TLPS HQ!
If a day spent working with stylish stationery, creating beautiful designs and being inspired by lots of creative brands sounds like your dream job, then this role will be perfect for you.
Our ideal candidate will be a designer / maker who is just as comfortable working through design orders to brief – both for business brands and in-house – through to assembling some beautiful stationery work. A keen eye for detail is a must, as well as a super creative mind that is just brimming with ideas! We’re looking for a self-motivated individual with a can-do attitude, who isn’t afraid to share their thoughts and ideas with regards to new designs and trends.
You will have had some experience in a creative working environment and are able to juggle multiple jobs throughout a fast-paced day. The role would be a good fit for someone of a junior – mid-weight level.
Illustration / drawing and photography skills would be very advantageous in this role but aren’t a pre-requisite.
As the role develops, you’ll also be handling clients by yourself, so amazing organizational skills combined with a professional attitude, and a cool head under pressure (for our busy wedding season!) will be required.
The junior designer will work 3 days per week. These will ideally be Thurs – Sat, though we will potentially consider another weekday for the right candidate. Working at least 2 Saturdays per month are a must, as the role also requires hosting briefing meetings with wedding stationery customers, and occasional shop front support for the boutique when needed. Although the position we are looking to fill will start as a part time role, we are very keen to make this a more permanent position should the right candidate come along.
In return, the candidate will enjoy working in a fun and relaxed, creative environment, helping to create and launch the new House Collection designs, as well as the more ‘everyday’ design work. Pay is to be discussed with suitable applicants and will reflect your relative skills and abilities. All staff enjoy a 15% discount in store.
Designer skills and responsibilities
- Working experience of the Adobe Creative Suite; Illustrator and Photoshop in particular
- Design assisting for new and existing graphic design clients
- Editing wedding stationery house collections for new customer orders
- Editing personalised print designs from the house collection for new customer orders
- Assisting with new TLPS products and bespoke stationery projects
- Communication with customers about their orders
- Creating, checking and sending artwork for print
Maker skills and responsibilities
- Overall quality control of print and materials
- Assembling wedding stationery orders (and packing) ready to send to clients
- Assisting with any general hand-making or craft projects for photoshoots etc
- Compiling wedding sample packs and fulfilling sample orders
Bonus skills (not essential but an awesome plus!)
- Illustration (by hand or on computer)
- Calligraphy / Lettering
- Keen eye for styling
- Writing (for potential blog posts)
- WordPress knowledge
- Be self-motivated with a can-do attitude
- Have passion for creativity and DIY
- Be a details perfectionist with a love for the ‘little things’
- Show strong organisational skills with the ability to multitask and manage time wisely